Festvågtinden hike - Lofoten
The hike to Festvågtinden suits most active people and provides a great panorama view.
About the Festvågtinden hike
The Festvågtinden hike is a nice but an relative steep hike. You will experience fresh air and great views from bottom to the top, but be aware of smaller loose rocks on the way up and down as the trail can be crowded. On the way up you will get a nice view towards Gimsøy, and Vestfjorden and big parts of Lofoten when reaching the top. Festvågtinden is one of the most popular hikes in the Lofoten Islands, but be aware of the very steep cliff on the top, towards the sea-side, in case you bring your kids or dog. You can expect this hike to last for 3 hours total time from start to finish if you are active and in reasonably good shape.
Note that the tracks on the maps are handy and will guide you to the summit and back, but you should still always to trust yourself and make your own decisions based on what you see with your own eyes when you hike.
Festvågtind hike in short
- Strong trails all the way to the top
- Suitable for everyone but is quite steep so the hike require some strong legs
- Be aware of smaller loose rocks rolling down the trail to Festvågtinden
- Great views of Vestfjorden and towards Gimsøy and Vestvågøy
- 20 minutes drive from Svolvær and 5 minutes from Henningsvær